Prof. Dr Mark Camilleri is an academic, author, editor, speaker and a business strategist.
Scientia et artes:
Mark Anthony CAMILLERI is an Associate Professor in the Department of Corporate Communication. He successfully finalised his full-time PhD (Management) at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland – where he was also nominated for his “Excellence in Teaching”. During the past years, Mark taught business subjects at under-graduate, vocational and post-graduate levels in Hong Kong, Malta, UAE and the UK. He is a member of the following organisations:
- Member in the Global Reporting Initiative’s Stakeholder Council;
- Member of the Advisory Committee in the Global Corporate Governance Institute (USA);
- Member of the Editorial Board of Springer International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s International Journal of Comparative Management;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s the International Journal of Responsible Management in Emerging Economies;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s in the Indonesian Journal of Sustainability Accounting and Management;
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Conference of Applied Business and Management (of the European Business School, Portugal);
- Member of the Scientific Committee of ISTC – International Sustainable Tourism Congress (Turkey);
- Member of the Technical Committee of the International Conference on E-Education, E-Business, E-Management and E-Learning – IC4E2020 (Japan);
- Member of the Technical Committee of the International Conference on Education Development and Studies – ICEDS2020 (France);
- Member of the Technical Committee of the International Conference on Education and Training Technologies – ICETT2020 (Macao, China);
- Scientific Expert in Research for the Ministero dell’ Istruzione dell’ Universita e della Ricerca (Italy);
- Reviewer for the Austrian Science Fund (FWF);
- Member in the Academy of Management (2018-2019);
- Member in the Academy of Marketing Sciences (2019)
- Member in the American Marketing Association (2014-2016);
- Member in the British Academy of Management (2017-2018);
- Member in the Management Committee in three EU COST Programmes.
Prof. Camilleri authored “Corporate Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Environmental Management: An Introduction to Theory and Practice with Case Studies” and “Travel Marketing, Tourism Economics and the Airline Product: An Introduction to Theory and Practice” through Springer Nature. Moreover, he edited “Strategic Perspectives in Destination Marketing” and “CSR 2.0 and the New Era of Corporate Citizenship” for IGI Global, as well as, “Tourism Planning and Destination Marketing” and “The Branding of Tourist Destinations:Theoretical and Empirical Insights” for Emerald.
His short contributions are often featured in popular media outlets such as the Times of Malta, Business2Community, Social Media Today, Triple Pundit, CSRwire, ManageMagazine and the Shared Value Initiative.