Dr Mark Camilleri is an academic, author, editor, speaker and a business strategist.
Scientia et artes:
Dr Mark Anthony CAMILLERI is a resident academic lecturer in the Department of Corporate Communication. He lectures in an international masters programme run by the University of Malta in collaboration with King’s College, University of London. Mark specialises in strategic management, marketing, research and evaluation. He successfully finalised his PhD (Management) in three years time at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland – where he was also nominated for his “Excellence in Teaching”. During the past years, Mark taught business subjects at under-graduate, vocational and post-graduate levels in Hong Kong, Malta and the UK. He is a member of the following organisations:
- Member in the Global Reporting Initiative’s Stakeholder Council;
- Member of the Advisory Committee in the Global Corporate Governance Institute (USA);
- Member of the Editorial Board of Springer International Journal of Corporate Social Responsibility;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s International Journal of Comparative Management;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s the International Journal of Responsible Management in Emerging Economies;
- Member of the Editorial Board of Inderscience’s in the Indonesian Journal of Sustainability Accounting and Management;
- Member of the Scientific Committee of ICABM18 – International Conference of Applied Business and Management (of the European Business School, Portugal);
- Member in the British Academy of Management;
- Member in the American Management Association;
- Member in the Management Committee in three EU COST Programmes.
Dr Camilleri’s first book, entitled; “Creating Shared Value through Strategic CSR in Tourism” (2013) was published in Germany. In 2017, Springer has published his latest books; entitled; “Corporate Sustainability, Social Responsibility and Environmental Management: An Introduction to Theory and Practice with Case Studies” (2017) and “Travel Marketing, Tourism Economics and the Airline Product: An Introduction to Theory and Practice“. Moreover, he edited a U.S. publication, entitled; “CSR 2.0 and the New Era of Corporate Citizenship” (2017). His short contributions are often featured in popular media outlets such as the Times of Malta, Business2Community, Social Media Today, Triple Pundit, CSRwire, ManageMagazine and the Shared Value Initiative.
- University of Malta: https://www.um.edu.mt/profile/markacamilleri
- University of Edinburgh: http://www.business-school.ed.ac.uk/phd/completed-phds
- Scopus Author ID: 55916086300
- Google Scholar